Taiwan soap-making sharing

This week, I will share my experience attending a talk given by Mr Yuan from Taiwan. He is the founder and respected Yuan soap products.

Yuan soaps are unique as they are purely hand-made and do not contain any colouring, do not have a specific shape and contain natural herbs from his bio-organic farm (bio-organic refers to having water, air, sunlight, furtile soil, plants, trees, birds, worms, and all of nature have to offer) in Taiwan.

He emphasizes on the use of nature into his products, where he uses sunlight to 'cure' his soaps instead of leaving it to cure in room tempreture. 'This will give special radiation and energy flowing into the soap from the sunlight' he says.

Mr Yuan also explained the difference between handmade soap, cream soap, and commercial soaps. He states that if you were showering with any soap, there will be bubbles. If you blew the bubbles and they were to afloat, it shows that the soap has lots of chemicals which are not good for use. He further explained that these chemicals are harmful for consumption. Those bubbles which sinks conversely shows that the soap quality is rich and are good for use.

Someone in the crowd asked a question 'Are all hand-made soaps suitable for all skin types? What if I have some irritation?' Different people have different irritation. The irritation were caused not because of the soap, but because of body not being healthy, and is resistant to certain responses in the environment, for example, if your hand touches a hot glass, your hand would instantly react by releasing the glass. The same goes for our body. If our body is elergic to some food or some herbs, thus we may feel uncomfortable and then avoid it. Therefore it is important for us to know our own body before consuming any product, whether it be consumables or not.

I have tried a couple of Yuan soap and Soapy soap before venturing into our own hand-made soaps. They are very special and unique in their own manner. The aroma from Yuan soaps are very strong and leaves a powerful scent to the whole bathroom during and after shower. It is said that some of the ingredients used in Yuan soap can . ward off insects, body odor, headaches, dendruffs.

I certainly learn a lot from his talk. Very informative and true facts based on common sense. I hope you learn a little too after reading this blog.

I will write again soon and share my thoughts on handmade-soaps. In my next blog, I will write about how I learnt that handmade-soaps were so wonderful to use. I will never change back to use those liquid soaps, shampoos, conditioners and such. Even for my hair, I avoid using gel-based products. Using cream or oil-based products instead.

Thank you for reading.